Module 1 Discussion
After watching the videos and reading your textbook/articles, consider how Big Data is leveraged in organizations.
· Describe situations that involve Big Data (you should use a real situation) and how the organization can use this information as leverage.
· Utilize what you read in “From Data to Decisions – The Power of Analytics” in reading assignments.
Module 2 Discussion
You should have a basic idea of “Standard Deviation” after view the “Standard Deviation – Explained and Visualized” video under Module 2 – Variability. Read the information below:
· “Variability” at https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/variability.asp
· “Standard Deviation” at https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/standarddeviation.asp
· “How is standard deviation used to determine risk?” by Brian Beers | Updated on April 2, 2018 at https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/021915/how-standard-deviation-used-determine-risk.asp
Briefly describe how your company/organization determine risk?
Module 3 Discussion
Think about anything you may have read or heard recently in relation to a causal relationship between two factors (e.g., sugar substitutes and cancer).
· Find a related news article or video.
· Post a link to the article or video, and discuss other factors that may need to be considered.
· Does the popular press media portray the results of the study different than the study itself?