· Select an adult or older adult client with a depressive disorder.
In 3–4 pages, write a treatment plan for your client in which you do the following:
· Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client.
· Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments and describe specific and therapeutic endpoints for your psychopharmacologic agent. (This should relate to HPI and clinical impression.)
· Recommend psychotherapy choices (individual, family, and group) and specific therapeutic endpoints for your choices.
· Identify medical management needs, including primary care needs, specific to this client.
· Identify community support resources (housing, socioeconomic needs, etc.) and community agencies that are available to assist the client.
· Recommend a plan for follow-up intensity and frequency and collaboration with other providers.
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
· Chapter 8, “Mood Disorders” (pp. 347–386)
Ahern, E., & Semkovska, M. (2017). Cognitive functioning in the first-episode of major depressive disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Neuropsychology,
Inoue, J., Hoshino, R., Nojima, H., Ishida, W., & Okamoto, N. (2016). Additional donepezil treatment for patients with geriatric depression who exhibit cognitive deficit during treatment for depression. Psychogeriatrics,