This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin®.Instructions
For this assignment, you will be writing an essay about what it means to be human in order to evaluate what has been learned throughout the class.
In the first discussion from the Week 1 module, we answered the question, “What does it mean to be human?”. Refer back to that discussion post. What did you say? Do you agree with what you said, or has it changed? How would you answer this question now?
In this essay, compare and contrast how you originally answered the “What does it mean to be human?” question to how you would answer it at now. Be sure to include a discussion on how the remains and artifacts of Australopithecus and Homo help us answer the question, “What does it mean to be human?”. What have you learned? Has anything changed from the beginning of the class to the end? What do you conclude about what it means to be human?
All questions must be addressed in essay format. All answers to questions must have examples illustrating them. It is recommended to format the paper with the questions as headings to make sure they are addressed in the paper.
This assignment must be written using a word processing program and saved either as .doc or .docx. ASA format is required. All information must be cited in ASA in the text and at the end of the paper. It is expected that at least one reference from the course is used, such as the textbook or lab book.
This assignment is worth 50 points. You will be evaluated on the quality of your answers, meaning:
- did you answer the questions?
- did you use examples to illustrate your point?
- did you make your point using scientific information?
- were the points and examples scientifically accurate and illustrate your ideas?
- is it well written (sentences are constructed well enough so that I understand your ideas, grammar/spell checked and I don’t have to rewrite your paper to read it, used the text and other references, cited authored material)?
- used a word processing program?
Here is information on how to format your paper.
Here is information on how to cite by ASA.
Here is how to read your Essay 3 feedback.
Some reasons why papers might not receive points:
- No references citing the information described in the paper.
- Personal beliefs and religious beliefs are used as scientific reasoning.
- Nonscientific information.